Tuesday, November 29, 2005


Yeah, I've had just about enough of the town of Smith Station Alabama!!!!

I've been arguing about the whole "take your own trash" to the dump policy they have.

You've got to be kidding me???

Last night I'm watching TV and it sounds like a dog is dying outside my apartment.

I go out there and there's this extremely ugly big Kujo looking dog in my trash can tearing it up and he's stuck.


Like a woman, I'm scared to death to go near him. He's stray and he probably has a thousand diseases!!!

So like a huge wuss I call 911. They give me animal control who's not there I call 911 back and let him know I still got a crazy dog in my trash can going nuts.

Finally he gets out of the trash can and I have to pick up my garbage again.

So this morning I'm arguing with Alan Dupriest about how stupid it is that we have to take our own trash to the dump. Why can't we pay a measley 10 bucks a month for trash pick up. Alan thinks it's a great idea to take your own trash to the dump.

I guess it's an Alabama thing. Typical Auburn fan. They would think it's a great idea!!!

I should run for mayor of Smith Station and push for having a trash pick up. 10 bucks a month??? Come on!!!! Some disposal company would make a killing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The privilege of taking your own trash to the dump is just one of the more fun things in Lee County. Another is no dead animal pick up. The only thing a deputy can do with dog in trash is scare it off or shoot it. Do you really want to have to clean up the mess when a deputy shoots a dog in your yard? Be thankful the dog just ate the trash and ran off.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Wild Bill,

Can I drop of my dead dog at your place? It won't be too much trouble. He's a little Shitsu. Just add him to your garbage. See you at the Smith Station Dump.

John from Smith Station

Thursday, December 08, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not just an Alabama thing: It's that way in rural counties in Mississippi as well. If you live outside an incorporated town, you may have to carry out your own garbage. I tell you Columbus has a good gig for themselves with our garbage pickup. You pay for them to pick it up, and if you carry anything to the dump, you pay there too!

Monday, December 12, 2005

 
Blogger Wild Bill's Blog said...

Hey thanks for your comments. I'm starting to wish I was living in Columbus. I would say the cost of living is good and the garbage thing is a necessary headache. I have a friend that lives in Lee County but he has trash pick-up because he's in Phenix City. It ticks me off because he lives 5 minutes from me. Here's something interesting, there was a point in time where there was a guy living in smith station that passed out quite a bit of flyers advertising that he would pick up trash for a small fee and the county shut that 'ol boy down. They said he needed a license to do it. Do you think they'd every in a million years grant him one? I don't thinks so.

Monday, December 12, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home